View Single Post
MikeR 05:41 AM 01-08-2013
I'm reading about what's fair and not fair. Well this is my situation. My wife and I combined have 9 weeks of vacation. We might take a week of that together. So last year for example, we paid our daycare provider for 8 weeks for time-off we took. The contract does state that when we request time-off we are to pay her 1/2 the weekly rate, which is fine. The contract, however, does NOT state anything about us having to pay her for time-off requested by her. She called in a total of 3 weeks last year, that per the contract, we were not obligated to pay her but we did. So in this case, how much time is too much? She was paid for 8 weeks at half the rate for our vacations, 3 weeks at half the rate that she was requested (not in contract), plus 9 holidays paid at full rate that was included in the contract; a total of almost 3 months of paid time-off. Is that fair? I think she's taking advantage of us and my two kids are her only 'clients', despite saying for a year she's getting more kids. Should I be getting a 'daily activities' sheet? I mean I would like to see what activities my kids do througout the day, when and what they eat - something to show what $300/week gets me!