View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 02:12 PM 03-15-2010
Agreed. I pulled my daughter from a childcare (14 ys ago) when I was uncomfortable with the safety/quality of care, and I notified the licensor of my concerns. I did not go back... In that case, I had gotten of work early unexpectedly, and so arrived a couple of hours early- excited to get to spend extra daytime with my daughter at the park. When I arrived she was ALONE (at age 3)outside the yard playing in the street with no provider in sight. I put my daughter in car, and went to door- provider was watching TV and not even aware she was missing. Immediately provider complained about/began blaming child etc....
I agree with previous poster- if the problem is that the centers menus don't accomodate your picky eater, maybe even your child has a classmate that's aggressive, any number of things that can and should be discussed between parent and provider, the state shouldn't be called over that minor stuff. On the other hand- if you know there are violations or concerns affecting safety etc, not only should you report, you should, in interest of safety, pull your child from care.