Thread: Parent Survey
View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:33 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
Has anyone given their DKPs surveys? I have really wanted to do a survey for a long time.
If so, did you try to make it annonymous? Did you get good feedback? What questions did you ask?

Here are some of the questions that I thought I might ask? And I thought you might be able to add some.

What is your favorite thing about Blankety-Blank Daycare?
What is your least favorite thing?
What has been your favorite monthly theme?
Would you take advantage of a Parents Night Out if it was offered 1 per month?
If so what hours would you prefer it cover, ie 7pm -11pm, overnight 7pm - 8am.
What would you be willing to pay for those PNO hours?
What policy do you think benefits you the most out of the handbook?
Which policy do you think is most unfair out of the handbook?
Do your childs routines at daycare, conflict with routines at home on the weekends? How so?
What activities does your child talk about outside of care?
Do you have any new Field Trip ideas that your child might enjoy?

I realize some of this opens me up for alot of bashing. But Im prepared... I think! Plus my curiousity is killing me
Personally I think you might want to word these questions differently. The way you wrote them make it appear to me that you think there are policies that are unfair....kwim?

I would say something along the lines of "Are there any policies that you would like to see ammended so they fit better with your current situation?" or something similar. Maybe just ask if they have any particular policies they wish to comment on?

I just think the point of a policy handbook IS to benefit the parent (safe rules/sickness policies etc ) so ideally the handbook should be viewed as looking out for the best interest of the families you have in care.