Thread: Parent Survey
View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 10:54 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I think doing a parent survey is great. I've considered doing one for my preschool and just haven't gotten around to it. I think it shows parents you're willingness to take them into consideration and to consider alternatives that might work for everyone.

I don't think it's opening a pandora's box at all. All businesses should consider the needs of their clients. Of course you wouldn't have to do everything that's suggested. You wouldn't have to do anything that's suggested, but it's beneficial to know what your clients are thinking and if there are things that could be adjusted to help them and maybe help you, then go for it! I don't understand some provider's opinions of not wanting to know what their clients think of their business.

ETA: I do agree with PP suggestion to reword some of the questions to not make them negative (i.e... 'unfair' policies).
I guarantee the number one "suggestion" would be to open earlier and close later. Not going to happen.

I have an open door policy - my parents can come to me anytime they want to discuss anything daycare related - and they do. We go from there.

Suggestion boxes and surveys aren't my style. If someone has something to say, I expect them to come and say it to me face-to-face so it can be addressed immediately. If a parent has a request they come to me and they get a simple "yes" or "no". My families know this right from the get go.