Thread: Parent Survey
View Single Post
Scribbles 08:40 AM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I know this is an old thread but I'd really like to know if anyone has any new ideas about this? I have to renew my annual STARS application and sending home a parent survey is one of the requirements. I have a few different ones to borrow from but wonder if there are things I could/should be asking that I have overlooked?

I've always had wonderful feedback and helpful suggestions from my dcps. I look at this much the same way that BlackCat mentioned on here. In fact, I used the rewording BC offered about the policies. It's simply for input, it doesn't mean I'm going to change my whole handbook around to suit a dcf. But if I can make small changes that may help dcfs out, why not?

Thanks all!!
I do parent surveys twice a year. The first thing it says though is that I am not going to change my policies unless I personally feel it works for me but that parent feedback is important in many ways. Its good to know where you stand in the consumers eye and to know if you meet the current needs of a community. I dont have my own kids at home so I know nothing about what parents now days need or want in regards to child care and feel feedback from clients is kind of a sneak peak on how to advertise. Its a free marketing resource that I definitely take advantage of.