View Single Post
MamaG 12:30 PM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
This is a REALLY sad story. However, again, having a license has no bearing on whether people have the capacity to abuse children. If a child molester has no record, has not been caught, then nothing will prevent him/her from obtaining a license and abusing children. Its unfortunate, but true. In my state, its legal to run without a license if I adhere to ratio guidelines. I'm looking into becoming licensed so I can watch more kids, but I am deciding against it because I don't have the resources to attend all the training since I am already in business. They make it really hard to GET the license so I'm kind of stuck running as is.

A responsible parent will require a background check on a potential childcare provider. I would happily submit and PAY for it for anyone who required it, and volunteer one on my husband as well. You don't have to have a license to get a background check. I can go to my Sheriff's department and order them every single day if I want to.
The DCG I've had 2 years came to me from a licensed home. That provider used words like 'nigger' and spanked her for knocking over a lamp. So yea a license doesn't mean anything in my book.