View Single Post
TwinKristi 02:36 PM 03-01-2014
The first time someone gave me notice it was only after a couple wks and both of the 2 moms who did this left and stayed home, they didn't go to another daycare. And the 3rd one was probably more of a hit than any of the others. One PT guy left for FT PreK and I understood. But the one who left and moved to "Jr Preschool" was hard. Even though I was seriously ready to term and had placed an ad for openings when she told me. She told me like 3mos before and while I appreciated it, it made things worse for me. I had 3mos of mixed emotions. Happiness when he was crying during nap, screaming mine and taking toys from others or when his mom brought him sick (again...) but then sad that this little boy who's not even 2 has to have everything he knows changed and made into a big boy. Mom said it was only because it made her life a little easier to have drop offs and pick ups at one location and I get that, but it added less than 5 mins to her day to drive to my house which was super close to her work and she drives past it anyway. Plus come Fall his sister will be elsewhere anyway so it was only from Jan to Aug that this reason would even apply and she wants to have another baby as well so then it's 3 places, not 1 or two! But whatever, I know it wasn't about my level of care, if anything it was because he wasn't allowed to come sick anymore and I was putting my foot down. It was shortly after the first time I really put my foot down that she inquired about him going to preschool but he had to be 2. They made the exception to take him for 6wks before 2 so of course she felt special or something.
I can understand why this DCM had to change, your hours just didn't work anymore and it would be a huge inconvenience to have to rely on someone else. Change of jobs sometimes means change of daycare if the days/hours don't work. It doesn't mean it's because of your care, you weren't willing to open at 6 or she would have stayed.