View Single Post
laundrymom 09:34 AM 03-14-2015
"They are no longer enrolled" is how I respond.

And as for me, I keep all observations reports in my possession. The only things I ever return are items like clothes, diapers, etc. Things they've purchased. I tell them when I hand them contract to fill out, "make sure you make copies of this if you want them. I do not offer that service."
At termination day they get the stuff in their cubby and a great big smile as they walk out the door.
I have in my contract that I keep belongings for 5days following termination date, so if they don't take them with them or aren't attending at that time, I donate or trash their belongings on that fifth day.
Originally Posted by littlelionspreschool:
I think I am on the homestretch of this drama filled mess. Now the parent drives by our house randomly which is creepy, but not a terribly big deal since she hasn't stopped yet. Her attorney mailed me a letter stating I needed to mail her progress reports. I told the attorney she received them at conference time and was told "they were lost or destroyed" so she needed another copy. Well that's not my problem, but I gave her another copy of them anyway!

The hardest part is the parents asking a million questions about the family. They obviously don't know for sure that I terminated the family, but they have heard "hearsay" from the dad's friends or have been told by the dad that they were "kicked out". Then I have them asking if they were terminated to which I have to basically avoid the subject for privacy reasons. I just say....well I haven't spoken to them in a few weeks so I don't know what is going on with them at this point and time.