View Single Post
cheerfuldom 09:48 AM 06-01-2015
I wouldnt call what she is doing daycare. I would say that she is hosting super awesome playdates. Many parents attend and it is for short periods. A working parent would not be getting daycare from this scenario. A stay at home parent would love the fact that they can go to school too and socialize with other parents. sounds like playdates to me. I am sure the kids have a blast and are learning, no arguments there, but I dont feel this is realistic for a home daycare to replicate in full. Here a single provider can have 10 to 12 kids. There is no way that one provider can supervise water play, free access to art, etc. while also having kids there for 10 hours a day with age range for babies to 5 years old plus serving meals. I do think there is some tips and inspiration to gain from the video but not a replication of her set up. Here there wouldnt be a demand for a few hours a day play program where parents have to be super involved and it would cost for a single child what you would pay a nanny. There are co ops in my area but all, that I know of, offer full day daycare and require minimal parent involvement.....like an hour a week. Now being from CA, I can tell you that there is a demand there. There is a high demand alternative programs and people are willing to pay for it so it doesnt surprise me at all that this is based in CA. I am currently in the midwest and no, there wouldnt be even close the interest here. Many people want to be as mainstream as possible......a free for all play based program that you have to pay high high fees for would not find a client base here in my opinion.