View Single Post
Snowmom 09:43 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow- as a parent of a 3 year old researching online whether or not I should request that our daycare shorten a nap, this is an extremely discouraging and judgmental post to come across from a daycare employee. Your assumptions about their parenting and the child's behavior at home seem unfounded. Do you live at home with them? I would agree that 2 years old is perhaps a little young to start shortening naps- but there is plenty of evidence out there that 3-4 year olds begin cutting out naps- that should be done gradually. The daycare my child goes to is willing to work with us, as they should. We pay them a lot of money. I understand it probably makes more work for the employees and shortens their downtime. Maybe you should consider a job that is less stressful?
I find your post extremely discouraging and judgmental as well.

To also point out:
1. We are NOT employees. We are business owners.
2. You have no basis to say the OP's observations are unfounded. You do not live or work with them either.
3. Paying a provider money does not equate to you making the rules in GROUP care. Your wishes do not trump the needs of all the children in their care OR the providers.
4. YOU are passing judgement suggesting these people who disagree with you should "find a job less stressful".