View Single Post
nannyde 07:27 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs.Ky:
I SAID what the DOCTORS say meaning my childrens doctor not the AAP. I have 3 children and from my OWN personally exprence they WOULD have been so hungry just drinking formula and not having anything else. I CHOOSE to start all 3 of my kids at 4 months and the doctor gave the ok actually my 2nd child was up to 8oz bottles at 4 months he was a big boy and the doctor had me start him on cereal ALL babies are different some demand more some less. All my children in daycare whom I have raised as babies started on cereal and jar food anywhere between 4 to 6 months never have I had a DCP say wait til 8 months old.
The American Academy of Pediatrics ARE doctors. You said Wow Nan you dont fed babies baby food til 8 months? That's way to long to make a baby wait doctors recommend 4 to 6 months you start feeding a baby baby food.

I'm saying it's not too long much less way too long to make a baby "wait" until feeding baby food.

It's okay to wait until the begining of the eigth month to feed solids to babies. Your experience is different and your Docs reccommendations were most likely before the AAP most recent reccomendation.

My experience is wait until they are eight months. Yours isn't. I'm not telling you to not feed them till the eigth month... I'm telling you that it's not WAY TOO LONG to "make them wait".