View Single Post
jojosmommy 10:31 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs.Ky:
Wow Nan you dont fed babies baby food til 8 months? That's way to long to make a baby wait doctors recommend 4 to 6 months you start feeding a baby baby food. 2 out of 3 of my own kids where eating table food at 8 months old. I cant image a baby not having jar food at 6 months they would be starving by just eating formula til 8 months old.
I just want to mention that kids need to start getting baby food and table food becuase it helps their oral development which later affects speech development. It isnt always better to wait which seems to be very popular right now. When baby is ready physically, and hungry enough to benefit from it you should start giving it.

I also want to mention that just becuase a child is in the top 5% for his age/height doesn't mean he is headed towards obesity. Myself and my two siblings were all big babies until about 2 and now all three of us are underweight or right at recommended weight. My son has been in the top 1% of weight and height since birth (at 3 weeks early mind you) and no we don't give him any sweets (not even for Halloween) or drive through meals. My Dr is not at all concerned because we are an active family. Families need to spend more active time together and the obesity problem will decrease.