View Single Post
AnythingsPossible 06:40 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Call it in to who? (meaning, which agency, police, CPS...?). I didn't know that misuse of car seats was actually a reportable offense. Are you sure that's the law in every state? (I'm just terrified of turning them in and it being unfounded or something).

*sigh* this family sure has taught me a lot.
It is not a reportable offense in my state. I have been instructed that the best I can so is call the police department and tell them that a family has just left my childcare with a child not restrained correctly in their carseat. It is then up to the police department if they want to follow through or not.
I live in an area where car seat and seat belt use are not of high importance to a majority of people. It is sad and scary. I currently have one mom who daily tosses the car seat in the passenger side of her car and takes off, I have spoken to her, I have called the police department and I organized our local car seat safety organization to host a car seat clinic, some people just don't care and no amount of "talking to" will do any good, you just have to hope that a higher power is watching out for the littles whose parents don't.