View Single Post
mac60 04:09 AM 04-07-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
That makes sense. Thanks.

Regulations like this are in place for two reasons-to protect you the provider (criminal and civilly), and to protect the child....both from people who don't know any better.

Stop and think about this-just because someone squeezes out a kid, does that make them an expert on anatomy, development of anatomy, and biology?

SIDS has been studied by people with WAY more education, time, and expertise in these fields than you, I and the parents combined. They have determined, through years of study, data, and research that certain things increase the risk factors.

If you feel it's OK to ignore the law and put your freedom (ever done time for negligent manslaughter?) and life's savings on the line, feel free to do so.

Were it me, if a parent asked me to go against the law of the land for their child, I'd require a doctors written note to back it up and a signed release by the parent.

It's about limiting liability.

Who said anything about ignoring the law, doing time for negligent manslaughter.........I only said that the government gets into our business way too much.