View Single Post
QualiTcare 05:28 AM 11-15-2010
it's definitely smart to get the k-6 endorsement. when i decided i wanted to teach, i already had most of my core classes completed for a different major - and i would've had to retake a lot of science and other classes to get a k-6, so i got prek-3 bc most of the classes i had aligned with the requirements for that. of course if you get k-6 your job opportunities almost double.

basically, all the stuff you hear about teaching is true. low pay compared to other jobs that require a bachelors (like nursing) but really it's plenty of money especially if you have a husband working also. the benefits are great - probably better than anyone's. i think if you like daycare at all, you'd love teaching. i didn't like daycare (not enough to keep doing it), but i loved teaching. funny - i went back to school to be a nurse. the grass is always greener!

as far as the college courses - if you could do nursing, you will have no problems. one nursing class has been harder than my entire ECE degree! i know teachers hate to hear their degrees are easy, but after working on a different degree - i can say my teaching degree was easy!