View Single Post
Mad_Pistachio 09:45 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Not to hijack the thread, but many times we have to term. How would you feel if your child was being bitten or hit on a daily basis? You would want me to term that child NOW. Same goes for non-payment really. If a parent doesn't pay on time it takes from the funds I have to spend on all children (including yours) for food and supplies. Often times we have not choice but to term right away for the good of the group. It is group care, not nanny care when only one families children is affected.
*waves her hand*
oh, I get that, trust me. some things I read make me wonder how a provider lasted that long (I also wonder why, but this is an easy one: because she cares for the child and tried to work it all out until the last drop). you are right: it is group care, and some things may have to happen that normally would not at home or with a nanny.

my daughter's group has a special needs boy who likes to hit (communication issues, I guess: trying to say something with his hands). for the most part, kids already know that Jimmy will be Jimmy, and what are you going to do... she cried when I picked her up on Monday because he hit her. I just shrugged: hey, kids hit. if I'm told she doesn't, I won't believe it. it's a rough world we sent you out to, and we all have to deal with it. report him to the authorities (i.e. tell Ms. Moosy on him), rinse and repeat.
it doesn't happen at home cause we don't have a Jimmy, but it's inevitable at a daycare or school. shake off, move on. may Jimmy be your biggest problem.