View Single Post
anabel 01:06 PM 03-18-2011
I don't have a policy in place to stop parents bringing in car seats, but I would not allow them to do it. I have appropriate seats in my car, I know the history of my carseats, I know how well they have been looked after, I know they have had no little knocks and I know they fit in my car.

I would not have parents bringing in their carseats, I just know they would get little knocks on the car whilst being put in and taken out, and get knocked on my door frames whilst being carried in and out, they would be dumped on the floor getting more little knocks - then to top off all the little knocks and beginnings of stress fractures, I would then be responsible for their safety all day long, trying to keep all the little people out of them, stop people tripping over them, prevent them being knocked over etc.

They are safety equipment and the less they are moved, carried, knocked and jarred onto the floor the more secure their integrity. Car seats should be put in the car and left there, not got in and out and in and out and in and out. That's how I feel anyway.