View Single Post
Unregistered 06:53 AM 02-04-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
In MI you have to have a license to watch any kids who are unrelated to you, but there are always ads on CL for unlicensed childcare providers. Here unless someone reports you, the state rarely will come after you. There are not enough resources to investigate everyone. No offense if you are unlicensed and need to be, but it drives me crazy to see these people advertise when they are unlicensed, especially since it's illegal here. I put a lot of time and money into opening my in home because you are supposed to have a license. Someone around my area even put an ad on CL stating how it's illegal to run an unlicensed daycare, but people still do it. Now if it's legal to provide unlicensed care, more power to you to advertise!

Most of the women fyi are often homemakers or older who only watch a child or two. My sister had a great lady in her neighborhood that watched my nieces till they went to school.
My own feeling is jealousy is counter-productive, and you don't know someone's situation if they are licensed, getting a license; etc.

You are right in MI and most states there isn't much they can do. In my experience the licensed daycares get in trouble the most because disgruntled parents make bogus claims.
My friend recently gave up her license because of all the nuts she regretted giving her personal info. to and other problems associated. IMO its up to the individual, and you do not know their circumstances.