View Single Post
Lilbutterflie 10:16 AM 10-11-2012
This is something I have a hard time finding a back bone with. I'm getting there, but I really hate confrontation.

My parents have contracted hours, too. But it always seems like the TELL me what their hours are going to be upon interview (and it's in their contract); but they always slowly drop off earlier and earlier and pick up later and later. Only a few minutes at a time so I don't ever feel like it's a big enough issue to discuss; but put it all together and it really adds up!!

This morning though was the very first time a parent showed up 3 minutes before I even open, and 18 minutes before contracted drop off. I wasn't even going to answer the door, except that we had the front door open to let some cool air in through the screen (they could see my daughter in the hallway as they walked up) and my daughter yells out "MOOOOM! So&So is HERE!!!!"
So it was just too ackward to not answer the door. I did make a comment about how early they were, and DCD just had this blank stare on his face. If it happens again, I'm NOT answering that door.

Then I have another family who put 7:15-5:15 on their contract, but DCM explained more times than not, her husband gets off work around 3 and would be picking up DCG. Just in case, though, they wrote down 5:15 in the event she had to pick her up. BIG mistake there, I should have made her write 3:30 as pick up time. DCD has picked up DCG 3 times in 2 months; and when he does, it's usually around 5. DCM even told me yesterday that DCD does all of their shopping because "he gets off work so much earlier than me." What really bothers me is that I KNOW DCD is off work, most likely resting at home just down the street from us; and keeping his daughter in daycare for 10 hours each day.