View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:03 PM 05-27-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thanks guys for all the info. She is a orangic Mom and would never dream of giving her child formula I wouldnt even bring that up to her. She also told me a BF baby doesnt go up in ounces because her milk will get stronger I was thinking WTH are you talking about lol sometimes first time Moms think they know it all but are clueless. Oh I rember the blow outs all to well one time it was SO bad it ran down his leg all over the floor yuck but now that he eats cereal and baby food its not like that anymore. I cant stand to see a baby hungry it breaks my heart then I have to tell the poor little guy I have nothing left for him. I did give him more cereal today and bottle he seemed much more full after that wont tell Mom thou she would have a fit lol. I also understand some peoples concern about cereal in the bottle my kids didnt like it unless it was in the bottle and I have only done it with 2 daycare kids and that was per the parents request only.
LMAO!! Unless she's eating more stuff and stuffing herself with more vitamins and healthyness there's no way that breast milk "gets stronger" because your baby gets older. That's a new one to me also.

I have a 9 month old so it's not the same but I know that as of right now he drinks 2 6 ounce bottles of breast milk, one 6 ounce bottle of formula, one small jar of baby food, one medium container (the rectangle ones) of baby food, about 4 tablespoons of cereal (mixed in with the food), and a banana or other fruit. And that's just while he's here! Sometimes he even eats another jar of baby food before his mom picks him up. Like I tell all parents of infants, I feed on demand. If they are hungry, I feed them.

I agree that before she nurses her baby she should pump right before. DC mom of the 9 month old pumps before leaving work until she can't anymore THEN drives over here to pick up the baby and as soon as she walks in the door she starts leaking. You body just reacts to your childs need to eat. As for her thinking her baby can get fat, I don't know who her pediatritian is but if you ask any good pediatrician they will all tell you the same thing ... when they are babies there's no such thing as overweight baby if you are giving the baby the recommended amount of baby food and the rest is breast-milk. It's all healthy weight. Scientifically it's been proven that babies (even animal babies) all have big heads, big eyes and are chubby to be cute so that they apeal to their parents and they'll have a better chance of survival. Not kidding ... nature probably thinks that no parent wants to care for an ugly, skinny, sick offspring lol.