View Single Post
e.j. 04:19 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by DanielleS:
I'd call her on it. I'm also the opposite of afraid of confrontation.

"I considered calling you, but after you said _____________the last time we spoke, I was not sure that we would be able to forge a successful relationship. My DCK and I thrive in an environment of mutual trust, respect and understanding. Do you feel you would be able to be a part of that environment?"

I think it's professional and reasonable. If she seems contrite and apologizes (sincerely!!) then you can decide whether or not you think it will work.
My initial reaction was: No way would I offer her a spot! She showed her true colors when she responded with a rude comment to the news the spot had been offered to someone else. Her behavior was pretty juvenile. Imagine how she'll react every time you tell her no when she asks you to bend your policies for her.

I kind of like Danielle's reply, though. It lets her know you haven't forgotten her rude comment, clearly and politely states your expections regarding parent behavior and offers her a second chance if she feels she's up to the challenge. I can see where it could work well for you, depending on her response.