View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:55 PM 04-10-2015
Originally Posted by mduck:
I always hate posting cause I feel like I don't have a right to having only one Dck. I do have three of my own at home (one I homeschool) so it does still get hectic, but anyways.

My Dh leaves before dcg gets here and dcg is mostly gone before he gets home from work. He really has NO IDEA what all it takes to get through the day. I try to get up at 5:30am to get myself and the house ready. Then start school with my 3rd grader at 7am. I school her and then break to get my 1 year old up, my 5 year old up, and breakfast started. My dcg comes in during bfast. DCM has semi lengthy drop offs and then I feed dck Her bfast. She is one of those children that you have to watch all the time (1 year old). Partly because I'm paranoid and partly because she is very high spirited.

I do minor schooling while babies are awake and major schooling when babies are napping. Ugh, napping is another issue altogether. It's holding babies, changing diapers, correcting behavior, putting together meals, cleaning up messes, teaching, dressing and redressing, etc all day long! Why am I listing all this! You guys know all about this. Anyhow. I think that my Dh thinks it's no biggie. So you "babysat for a day. Big woop". That's kinda how I think he feels about it. When I freak out about what he considers "little things" he just feels like I'm over reacting. I'm exhausted at the end of the day and I think he thinks I'm being lazy.

He and I normally get to bed by midnight and I think that's gonna have to change.

Silly little vent.
But those little things ARE big things when they:

Happen repeatedly through out the day
Occur continuously day after day
Happen ALL at once
Occur every 5 minutes (no break)

I understand exactly what you mean. I know lots of people that think we (providers/moms/parents etc) don't really do anything and in a way they are right. I rarely get anything actually done, because I am continually having to stop and help someone, talk with someone, entertain someone, address someone's needs, assist someone, scold someone, praise someone, redirect someone, catch someone from falling, snuggle someone, wave good bye/hello to someone etc etc...

Add in the phone ringing, visitors at the door, lunch/snack prep, the dishes needing to be done, attending to your own physical needs AND trying to stay on somewhat of a routine schedule...you really don't do much of any one thing but you DO do ALOT of little things.

...and like I said, all those little things add up.

Hang in there....