Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:35 AM 06-17-2015
Originally Posted by tntsmom:
Okay, so summer is here, should be happy to have everyone in one place right? Well I have an only child that I have had for 4 years and he is 6 now and the sense of entitlement is driving me crazy!
Tattles because she has 3 trains and he has 2 (He would be done playing trains. Now he has none.)
Tattles because he wanted it first and he got it (He would lose whatever it is he wanted first and would have to go last)Tattles because she touched my block
Tattles because he is sitting by me (He would have to give her his blocks ad be done playing blocks)
Tattles because another child wants to play with one of the two puzzles I have yet he can only work one at a time! (He would be done playing puzzles and the other child would get free reign with both)
I could go on and on and right now as much as I have spoken to the parents, they understand, but it continues and continues and continues!

Any advice how to get it to stop permanently, because, I am exhausted with this non-stop, literally non-stop!
HELP
I replied in bold above as to what the consequences would be here for a 6 yr old tattler.

Here the person who does the tattling gets the time out or removal from the activity. Youd be surprised at how fast they figure out how to stop tattling.

Oh and give NO warnings....just swift immediate action and I guarantee you that he will not tattle after a week of consequences...