View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 07-05-2015
Originally Posted by ColorfulSunburst:
I scheduled an interview only outside of daycare hours. It usually takes around two hours. I can not imagine to do same when children are here during an interview.
If someone asks me about a first visit during the daycare hours I always answer "NO". Just because I have a rule "no any strangers near my daycare kids". A second or third visit can be during my daycare hours, but an own kid of visitor must be here too.
I keep interviews on site during business hours to one hour max. Everything that can be discussed on the phone is done so before the actual face to face meeting. I don't do multiple meetings.

I also live in a small enough community that I don't have to worry about strangers around my kiddos. All my enrollments come from word of mouth from current or past clients so everyone knows everyone in one way or another.

I don't allow parents of enrolled children to stick around at drop off or come spend some time before actually attending though as once they decide to enroll, hanging out at drop off on the first day serves no purpose to anyone in my opinion.

Love hearing how others do things as it brings a ton of interesting ideas and thoughts to the table.