View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 09:08 AM 09-07-2016
I used to nap the kids right after lunch from 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. but since my own DS started kindergarten this year our schedule changed a bit and he gets out at 1:20 p.m.

I moved lunch to 11 a.m. (used to be at 11:30 a.m.) and that still only gives the kids from 11:30 - 12:45 p.m. to nap (1 hour and 15 minutes) since I need 15 minutes to change diapers, toilet breaks, to load the kids in the van and leave by 1:00 p.m. Is that enough of a nap?

I've always let them wake up on their own and now I have to wake them. They're not altogether fussy all day but sometimes they're cranky at first when I wake them. The parents have also commented (not really complained) that the kids knock out earlier at night which they're bummed about since they don't get to spend that extra time with the kids.

I was thinking about napping the kids after I picked up my son from school instead so from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Is that too late? Does anyone else do a later nap and it works/doesn't work? I'm afraid that the kids will not want to sleep until late at night if I do (including my own kids).