View Single Post
Unregistered 09:01 AM 12-06-2010
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I know everyone has some strong opinions about potty training, but I do NOT let him drink all day long. He gets a drink with meals and snacks, that's pretty much it. I also would never withhold a drink from a child who is thirsty... that's just crazy. As far as the pullups, he's only in them after 3 separate instances of multiple consecutive days potty learning with just underwear. This is when I discovered how often this boy can pee. No matter how hard I try, he looses interest and refuses to even sit on the potty after a day or so. I am sorry to disagree, but not all kids are ready by 2 and a half, or even 3. Every child is different.
Did I say WITHHOLD a drink from a child NO I didnt BUT some parents let there children run around with cups in there mouth ALL DAY LONG and if you do that they WILL pee 20 times a day. YES ALL CHILDREN BEFORE AGE 3 CAN use the potty UNLESS they have some kind of special need then its a different story MOST parents these days are LAZY and this is why kids still wear diapers/pull ups at age 3 and 4 which is just plan nasty. If I can potty train my 3 and 3 kids who arent even mine before they are 3 then it CAN be done I have never been lazy about it nor will I ever be and if I have a parent who is lazy and a child turns 3 in my care and isnt potty trained then there is the door and it is told up front I do NOT watch children who are 3 or older in diapers/pull ups.