Thread: Stars
View Single Post
LostMyMarbles 01:01 PM 05-01-2019
The first year I did a star rating, there was a $500 sign up bonus. After that there has been no kind of bonuses whatsoever for renewing your stars. The benefit of the star rating is to help out with those parents that receive the DHS or state pay daycare. In my specific area, I do not get DHS parents. That bonus was a one time deal. We do not get yearly bonuses we do not get offered grants regularly.

I do my star rating for me andnot for anybody else. In my area there are only a few of us that have a star rating. At least when I interview parents I can say I have a star rating.If nothing else, it does make you look like you are going above and beyond.I still do not have a DHS child in my care. I just never get a call for them in my area. I did receive a pretty good surprise Last spring. I got a email stating that we could apply for grants. Our grants didn’t have anything to do with a number of stars that we had. It was based off of how many children that you cared for that receive DHS benefits. My grant was not nearly as high as mist, but it was certainly nothing to sneeze about. I was amazed with the things I was able to buy for my new day care room with the grant money.

I guess we all look at our star ratings and the benefits of having it differently. I just do it for me.