Thread: Pretend Play
View Single Post
Chicupfront 07:29 AM 06-22-2019
I have the Melissa and Doug grocery store and a lot of the wooden food. The 3-5 year olds are loving it. I don’t allow the 2’s and under to play with it, I have a separate playspace for them. The big kids love the scanner that beeps, the cash drawer and signing the credit card machine. I like the wooden food for the older kids but only buy plastic food for the younger ones. The 2’s have the Step2 diner and plastic food for that. The little ones try to put the food in their mouths and throw it, so no wooden food for them. The older kids take care of it all much better. I also have the grand-walk in kitchen from Step2 and it’s s big hit, too. They like to play restaurant. I have the old Little Tikes Market with sliding doors in the front that we use for an ice cream cart/lemonade stand, but it doesn’t get played with very much. I just redid my playrooms and bought new pretend play toys for the long, hot Summer. Some I bought on Marketplace and some I bought on Zulily. I can make 2 monthly payments on Zulily, so that helps.