View Single Post
e.j. 08:27 AM 11-11-2019
I googled food poisoning and from what I read, it can happen within 2-6 hours of eating a contaminated food.

I don't think I'd immediately jump to blame your day care provider, though. Is it possible your child is sensitive or allergic to dairy? (I have a child here who vomits if she eats any kind of dairy.) If it was the yogurt that made her sick, it's possible it was bad when you bought it. Anything could have happened between the processing of the yogurt, the packaging of it, the transportation to the grocery store, the stocking of the refrigerator at the store.... All you have to do is listen to the news. There seem to be a lot of cases of foodborne illnesses and recalls lately.

Unless your provider has given you reason to believe she's lying about putting the yogurt in the refrigerator, I think I'd be careful about any accusations you level toward her. If this is the first time your child has been diagnosed with food poisoning while under your provider's care, I wouldn't automatically jump to the conclusion that she's lying about leaving the yogurt out of the fridge. I hope your child feels better soon.