View Single Post
Christian Mother 11:23 AM 03-17-2011
I had a little girl in my care who was 4 and was a princess too. She had other siblings though and had a controlling personality as does her father. What changed a lot of the behavior is giving her a little more positive feedback through the day. I noticed she had to complete with a lot of the other children so I would single her out in such a way that I made her my helper and made such a big deal out of it. As far as bring jewelry or toys in today care. There is a limit to what I will go to allowing them. It starts with the parents bc they are oking it into my home and when they come into my home it becomes my responsibility so If I feel that this thing can harm or cause problems I address it right away in front of the parents so they can help me with the child fussing over it. Most times they take it back with them into the car. I had a little guy come in with a yellow balloon. It was small so it wouldn't pop and bc he allowed everyone to have turns and understood that he would get it back it wasn't a problem and now it's placed in his backpack. Once it becomes a problem I won't allow toys to come to my daycare. But in a since I use it as a learning tool to share our toys no matter where they are coming from. I want them to feel secure that it's ok to allow others to play with there toys. The kids are getting really good at it. It's def. good when they are single children expecting a sibling!!