View Single Post
Baby Beluga 12:06 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
If you refund any money, report it as a business expense. Call it "parent refund" and put under Other Expense on Schedule C. Assuming your got the fee in 2018 and refunded part of it in 2019, you and the parent don't amend 2018. You claim the refund as an expense in 2019. The parent reduces the amount they paid for child care in 2019 by the amount they got from the refund.
Thank you, Tom - I appreciate your knowledge!