View Single Post
Former Teacher 05:29 PM 09-29-2009
Originally Posted by jen:
Oh good grief! People are ridiculous!!! Why???
Because obviously they have nothing else better to do! I left my former center for a LOT of reasons but I will be honest and tell you that one of the minor reasons was because of licensing. They are a bunch of hypocrites who don't know their blank blank from a hole in the ground. I have NO respect for licensing at all.

On a personal note (and off the subject), my husband and I can not have children of own. So naturally we want to adopt. We were going to go through the state (against my better judgement) of TX. They basically follow minimum standards as well. The "deal breaker" for me was when we went to informational meeting. We were told that the ultimate goal of CPS is to reunite children with their families. I asked them that so if I had a newborn taken from their parents at birth and this child was with us for 2 years and their parents made a miraculous change of life, there is a chance that the baby would be returned? Yes because they feel all children should be at home with blood relatives. Adoption in "their" eyes are a last resort.

Long story short, my husband and I decided on a private agency, one that doesn't have so many stupid rules and meaningless regulations

P.S. thanks for letting me vent...it was a heart breaker that day, now I am just angry at the system haha