View Single Post
storybookending 06:56 AM 09-26-2018
What age are we referring to when you say toddlers? I only ask because each state seems to have a different definition of what a “toddler” actually is.

I assume because you said you work at a center that it’s a licensed facility and therefore should have a fence and play structures that meet their needs. What are they doing outside that is so bad that you can’t handle them? Have you worked with toddlers before? Maybe your expectations are too high. They are still learning at this point and you can’t expect perfection. They should be able to run and play and climb and explore without someone hovering deeming what they are doing as “unsafe”. It’s possible they don’t listen because you’re not allowing them to do anything fun. They need to learn risk management on their own and that’s not going to happen and you are going to have more accidents and ouchies in the long run if they are never allowed to explore on their own.

Have you considered a change in career if this is not something you can get under control? Or perhaps transferring to an infant room? I’m guessing your boss and coworkers are noticing that you can’t handle your class and will probably start having talks with you about performance if they haven’t already.