View Single Post
Meeko 09:45 AM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by blessedmess8:
So... I have a DCB who has been making my life miserable. Many of you have responded to posts and much of the advice (from friends and family as well!) has beento term him. I was afraid I'd have to, but I have been praying about it and God was just letting me know that's not what he wanted from me... At least not yet. (That is not to say you should never term a child!) Some of you won't understand what I am about to write, but some will! I have prayed for God to give me HIS love a patience with this child because my own was gone! And, I've prayed for him to make things better if it was His will that I keep this particular DCB in my care.
Well, Friday I was ready to absolutely throw in the towel! It was a BAD day. But, I did a lot of thinking, praying, researching over the weekend and decided to start the CIO method and eat, activity, sleep cycle with him. It is working!!!! Yesterday he took a morning nap and then slept from 1:15pm to 4:45! (He was not sleeping well at all!) Today he already had a 2.5 hour nap. I woke him upn actually, for fear he wouldn't sleep at all this afternoon. He's been a different kid the last two days! He doesn't scream every time I leave the room; he's happier. I feel like my old self again!!! I'm happier and liking my job for the first time in months. I know we could still havee bad days here and there, but I just have to give praise to God for giving me the strength to endure this trial and for answering my prayers for this baby and his family! And I also have to praise this forum! I've gotten some very solid advice (even from those telling me to term, because I know that is the solution at times) and some great ideas. And more than anything, a good "I've been there!" From those of you who have! Sometimes this is a lonely businessa with no adults to talk to and not many people who "understand" what you are going through! I sure appreciate all of you!
Faith can move mountains!