View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 06:49 PM 12-16-2017
I have two teacher families. One is a non issue and understands I am running a business. The other one of them started in August and has already tried push my vacation policy. I allow parents two, non consecutive weeks of vacation per year where they only have to pay half the normal tuition rate. They first tried to break their weeks up into individual days. No. Then they tried to use their weeks consecutively for the last two weeks of the year. No. On top of that they wanted a slightly lower rate for the week of Christmas since I’m already closed one of those days. No.
So next year, new policy is that teachers can drop to part time (I normally only do full time) of 2, set days per week for 8 weeks in the summer but cannot have vacation rates any other time of the year. And they have to let me know by January 2nd if they plan to do this. I’m announcing this on Monday and I’m sure they won’t like it since they’ve already told me they want spring break off but I feel it’s more than generous on my part. They also have the option of leaving care completely for the summer but I will not hold their spot and it may or may not be there when they need it at the end of summer. (It won’t)