Thread: I Want Out
View Single Post
Unregistered 05:27 AM 02-13-2020
Welcome to the world of in-home childcare. To make it long-term you need to Make strong policies and enforce them. Some parents are just like the children, if there are boundaries they will try to test them. Tell her she has to pay Friday before for the next week and if she hasn't paid by Monday morning, no childcare. Id tell her no offense, but you can't afford to work for free, can she? Of course, there are some mommies and daddies who won't believe you: they think we are home just for fun but that is their problem. Not yours.

You want to have a strong contract and strong policies? And don't apologize. if you need to tell them it's you, not them. If you need to tell them it's regulations. not you.

Avoid giving medication at all costs it is a huge liability and one that you don't need to take on unless they are absolutely necessary like in the case of the life-threatening allergy. If kids need any medication, do you need to have a medication authorization form? If so, make sure you have it.

Pick up a copy of Nanny De's book, the Daycare Whisperer. It will save you the time and frustration of wondering why my parents are acting the way they are, she gets to the heart of most of the types of perents you will run into while you're providing care, And how best to handle them. LOL, it took me 10 years to pick up the book and reading it now I can put faces with each chapter.

Build breaks into your day, make sure that you have a scheduled quiet time for so that you can get that break. Don't shorten nap time or not do it, just because a parent asks you to. These kids need time in the evenings with their mommies and daddies and you need that break.

Hugs to you, I remember being there. This can be a good job, but you need to make it work for you.