Thread: Custody Fight
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:20 AM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by itlw8:
I would have anyone that picks the child up to do a head to toe inspection.They need to mark on a form any little scratch and sign the form. Take a picture of anything they see.

If mom claims a rash take a picture with time and date.

Tell the parents and grandma you are the childs advocate. You are there for the child not the adults.

It might be best if Grandma does all contact with you
I think this is a great idea. This takes all of the responsibility off of you and onto the parent/grandparent. I would make quick little printouts with a general picture of a body and during drop-off off have whoever has dropped off to do a quick assessment with you and a diaper change. Have them mark off anything that they see that they feel is important and you sign it off with your own comments (example: mom draws/circles a bruise on the diagram and writes that the child has a 1/2" bruise on her leg ... you comment that the bruise was there previously etc). Then at pick up have the person picking up fill another one out. You can probably make your own half sheets and just keep them in a binder etc.

You can use something like this :

I also really like the letter above. You might want to write one up that's similar and hand it to grandma/DCM with instructions about doing an evaluation each day.