View Single Post
butterfly 11:06 AM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I absolutely understand your frustration about the past and the present issues. you dont sound 100% for sure that this was that parent at the door though, correct?

either way, i personally would suggest sending one final email (or text if you must) letting them know that you are not able to work with their family. sorry to hear that little guy is having trouble but not able to accommodate them (you dont have to give any specific reason) and good luck, hope little guy adjusts soon. if they reply asking why and offering this or that solution just reply one final time that the decision is final and non-negotiable and then ignore any further communications. because they have not heard back from the recent call, they still think there is a chance. you have to be clear that there is no chance that your daycare is an option for them. i agree that them lying about other care before is the biggest reason to not take them back.

at this point, ignoring them is making them try harder, not making them move on.

do you have to call them back? no you dont. but i suggest you do and make it clear that the answer is still no.
These were my thoughts as well.

And if it were that parent at the door, it doesn't mean that they were planning to drop off kids. I went back to my old provider after leaving to give her some extra garden produce that I had and I knew she could use for the kids. I had no desire to take or leave my kids there, I just wanted to be friendly. As a parent and former client, I probably should have called first, but I didn't. I just showed up and left the goods for her. I bet she was thinking WTH too when I stopped there. - Just saying the situation may not have been what you thought it was...

I would call the parent back and clarify that you can't meet their needs.