View Single Post
Laurel 04:25 PM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
I wish that worked for me! This particular incident I told the parent that flip flops weren't appropriate for field trip days and their child needed tennis shoes. She said "oh, it's okay with me. he will be fine!" The next field trip day she brought him in flip flops and a stick jammed into the side of his foot. I gave her the accident report and told her again that flip flops were not appropriate for field trips. She said "oh accidents happen, it's fine." Then I wrote the policy update REQUIRING closed shoes on field trip days. She brought in a pair on tennis shoes for us to keep here to use as we saw fit. Why she couldn't do that in the first place is beyond me!
Oh I have told people to bring things to keep here. That happened with a jacket with one parent so they just bought one to keep at my house.

I think when she said it would be fine I would have said "Well it isn't going to work for me. I think I have some shoes that will fit him but they are girls shoes. I guess they are better than nothing though." I do have some shoes but even if I didn't have his size I'd say that so maybe they would bring in shoes. I have sent a boy home in pink shorts once because that is all I had (hot pink). You better believe they sent me spare clothes the next day.

Laurel