View Single Post
Soccermom 08:52 AM 09-16-2014
Why do all the parents suddenly want their kids to be "special" and require special diets all the time?!! It drives me crazy!

Children want to conform to the norm and be like everyone else.

Why do they insist their child eat cardboard or crap while everyone else is enjoying healthy but not weird food!?

I am all about nutrition, especially when it comes to kids and agree that organic is best when it is available and not going to cost a small fortune but some of these parents are getting REALLY weird about the whole thing!!

My DCPs provide all food for their kids in the form of a lunchbox and last year I had a sibling set that only ate homemade, all natural, organic foods....which would have been okay if the DCM would have been a decent cook. Watching these poor kids look at everyone else's snacks while trying to force down dry, gross looking, sugar free pumpkin and date bread made me so sad. She would also send them just plain homemade yogurt....gross!! The 4 year old would cry when she saw that in her lunch. What is wrong with adding a bit of honey or homemade jam!!?

Some days I think that since parents no longer spank their children, they torture them with food and special diets for no good reason instead.