View Single Post
Crystal 04:01 PM 06-18-2010
My husband is my full time assistant. He has worked alongside me for more than 12 years. He is a wonderful asset to our program, and our families could not be more pleased in the care that their children recieve. My husband has been "dad" to many children over the years - as many children are born to single Mom's and absentee fathers. He has been a role model and mentor for them - offering them opportunities and experiences in a child care program that I alone could not provide them. He takes an active role in the early care and education of every child who walks through our doors - I cannot imagine him not working with children. He's teaches them to throw, catch, play a wide variety of sports and also shows them that it's OKAY to be a loving, caring, DAD.

In the 12+ years that he has worked with me, we have NEVER had a family interview us that did not enroll their children in our program. Our families value and appreciate him contributing to the upbringing of their children and realize that he has many wonderful attributes and alot to offer their children.

While there may be some parents out there who are so narrow minded that they think any man who wants to work with children is a pervert or "not a real man", there are many more people who realize that is just not the case.

Certainly we all hear horror stories about male teachers who molest children, but, then we've all heard of "Uncle Larry" or even "Daddy" doing the same thing - we cannot lump all men into the same category.

So, to the "unregistered" who has chosen to spew bs, I invite you to come meet my husband - he can show you what a "REAL MAN" looks like.