View Single Post
daycarediva 08:09 AM 06-04-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
AMEN!!!! My 3 year old (and 10months... So almost 4) just fell asleep at 10pm because his daycare insists he nap for two hours every day! He doesn't nap at all on weekends and goes to bed like a charm by 8pm! I AM SO TIRED of hearing their excuses for why he has to nap!!did any of you brainiac daycare workers consider the fact that some children are napping because they aren't tired at bedtime because they are awake until 10pm, OF COURSE THEY ARE TIRED BY 12:30pm.... They only got 8 hours sleep the night before!! I do not have the option of another daycare as none in my area offer an early drop off other than this one.

BEYOND FRUSTRATED
With that logic, he would NOT need a nap on Monday at daycare because he would have gone to bed like a charm at 8. Why as a daycare provider do I HAVE to set aside additional time for rest time on Mondays, and it gradually decreases by Friday (3 hours Monday-60/90m Friday)

Also, you cannot FORCE them to sleep at night and we do not/cannot FORCE them to sleep at nap if they aren't tired. I am legally obligated to provide rest time accomodations, and if a child sleeps, they obviously need it.

Originally Posted by daycare:
If America only knew how sleep deprived they are all this argument wouldnt exist.

Sorry but your 4 year old who's brain, organs, immune system and the rest of his body is still growing at a rapid rate and the only things that will allow your child to do this in a healthy major is with sufficient sleep.

Perhaps you can familiarize yourself with Maslow's hierarchy of needs. The first thing on it is SLEEP, without it we would die. And without sufficient sleep we can not function with success
I'm not going to get into it and debate this. All children under 5 need naps. I'm 42 and I need naps when I miss sleep.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Nooooo, your child had to nap because HIS PARENT has him enrolled in a child care facility that does not meet his needs.

If he truly does not need a nap, why are YOU keeping him there?

In my opinion that decision falls on the PARENT not the provider.

The child care facility has a right to have AND enforce any rule they want....including requiring ALL children to nap.

As a parent YOU have a right (and an obligation) to do what's best for your child.....so WHO'S fault is this?

The 'brainiac' provider or the 'irresponsible' parent???
'brainaic' parent?

Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
So, when your kid is at daycare, he sleeps for a 2 hour nap and then goes to bed at 10 pm and gets 8 hours of sleep. So 10 hours of sleep in a day. And when you have him on the weekend, he goes to bed at 8 pm, or 2 hours earlier, which is the same amount of time as he would get in a nap. I am sure he may get to sleep in later on the weekends, but what this tells me is that he actually needs MORE sleep, not less, especially if he sleeps in on the weekends. At 4 years old, I still think getting 12 hours or more is very beneficial, whether that includes naps depends on your daycare or childcare situation. And it is very rude to call people brainiacs in such a negative way. Would you say that to your doctor? Because many of the people on this board have 30+ years in childcare, so you should take their advice and maybe they can help you with your situation. Until then, enjoy the extra 2 hours with your son and let him do his sleeping at daycare, so he can spend time with you when he is awake at home. It doesn't even get dark in my are until almost 11 in the summers, so we use the extra time to hang out and have campfires and watch fire flies. Enjoy it! Don't be frustrated with getting more time with your son!
spend time with your child. I find most of the issues with bedtimes at home are directly related to lack of routine and low behavioral expectations vs. napping at daycare. Also, your children miss their parents during the day, they WILL try to stay up, be disruptive, act up to get your attention that they didn't receive that day.