View Single Post
working9to5 12:54 PM 02-21-2010
I have not spoken to her yet as my husband picked up the last couple of times and I have not seen her yet. My husband doesn't seem as bothered as me. I will see her this week and am planning how or if I should say anything. If a child is choking, would this teenager know how to respond? Is he mature enough to even be paying attention to the children very closely?

Even if she says that she didn't realize I would mind, it appears she broke the State Licensing rules and I feel a bit betrayed. What else is she doing that I am not aware of? My child can't speak yet, so I wouldn't know.

According to the below info I found online, the son should have been working under direct personal supervision and maintains audible or visual contact and be 'on the premises' at all times. Being a cell phone call away doesn't count because she was not on premises.

I found this online for my States Licensing Standard for Day Care Homes:

a)Assistants shall have passed the background check in Section 406.9(a).
b) Assistants shall be at least 14 years of age and at least 5 years older than the oldest child they supervise. Minor assistants shall be employed in accordance with 56 Ill. Adm. Code 250 (Illinois Child Labor Law).
c) Assistants under age 18 shall work under the direct personal supervision of the caregiver at all times. Direct personal supervision means the caregiver maintains audible or visual contact with the assistant and children on the premises at all times.