View Single Post
Unregistered 11:35 AM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
This part would be a deal breaker for me. No way I would EVER keep a 4/5 yo in my care who hit, bit, spit OR cussed (more than once at least!).

As a dcp it is your job to keep the other children in your care safe. If this boy is biting and hitting them and you can't stop it then you aren't keeping them safe. You could loose the other children in your care, and maybe even get in trouble for lack of supervision (not that you aren't supervising them, but if children keep getting hurt in your care that is what it would fall under).

If you do not want to just term I would at least do a behavior plan with the parents outlining the problems and giving a time frame for them to be corrected. I can send you a copy of one if you need it!
Exactly, it falls back on me and makes me look bad. It happens in just a blink of an eye, they are supervised at all times, if I'm cooking lunch, they are at the table doing puzzles or play doh stuff. But I swear, I turn my head for a second and he's smacking someone. I constantly tell him, do not hit, I have to continually remind him. At 3 1/2 he should no better. Thank you for your input.