View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:25 AM 09-19-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I understand some things can't be compromised, but I'd like to at least discuss why things are the way they are. Such as no toys can be brought. Not asking for an exception just a reason so I can understand. I should have used a different word than compromise.

Yes, but some owners make it VERY obvious it's all about money. Have some tact? We all work for money obviously.
That makes sense and a perfectly understandable expectation. I am sad to hear some don't explain it during the interview process.

The toy issue, for me, is that it makes the child with a "new" toy the target for the day. They can't participate in activities because their entire day is consumed with "keep away".

Ever seen the kid at the park whose mother gave him a sucker?? The kids are on him so fast he does not know what to do. Poor little guy....

If I take it away and put it in his cubby then I am the meanie. I work hard to get the kids to like being here so parents can go to work feeling good because their child is happy here. If the child is convinced I am a big meanie, our relationship will never develop well.