View Single Post
dEHmom 12:40 PM 05-02-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
He is mucusy and is on regular milk. And he is otherwise a pretty easy child to watch, other than the random screaming outbursts.

I actually just called my cousin and talked to her about him, since she specializes in children with autism. She asked me how he responds to light and sound, and if he is using a pincher grasp with food, etc. After I answered her questions she said that it definitely sounds abnormal (not using a pincher grasp for cheerios, for example). She said to wait to mention anything to the parents because if I recognize a problem they are probably already aware of it and are monitering the situation, and most parents of children this age are in denial that there is anything wrong with their children and it would fall badly on me.

I suppose the only reason I am concerned is because the earlier you catch autism, the better the result for the child, and I feel like it is my job to be each of my dck's advocates. I know that I would want my provider to tell me if they had any concerns.
OH! She has blocked tear ducts too apparently. The moment she sees bright light, her eyes water and she tends to close them. What did your cousin say about the light and stuff?