View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:51 AM 05-12-2010
Hang in there. I freeze bananas and cut them in half for my teethers. Just peel back a part if it and let them go at it. This might work while you prepare his food, just give it to him as soon as you put him in highchair so you can get his breakfast ready.

As for the rest of the day, maybe he's in pain. Are you giving him something for the teething? Even just a large icecube may sooth him.

I purchased two of these (and used one a few years ago for my own daughter) and these work great. They can chew on any part of the toy which is all ribbed with some type of pattern and the star itself vibrates which helps scratch the itch. They're easy to clean and I have yet to see one go out of it's battery (once the battery goes out I don't think you can change it). They cost about $10 and are made by First Years. Just write his name on it and he can walk around with it and chew on it all he wants.

I wouldn't pick him up and hold him all of the time. He'll just get used to it and may want you to continue to hold him after he's done teething. He may just want to feel comfortable, maybe you could make him a small bed on the floor with pillows and a warm soft blanket and have him cuddle in it with a soft toy. I have a 9 mo old thats teething (already walking) and he's the same. I just throw a bunch of pillows and a small blanket in the dryer and pile the pillows and he'll lay on them and I put the blanket on him. The pillows will eventually get cooler but he usually forgets and will start playing with something. Good luck.