View Single Post
daycare 03:10 PM 05-21-2013
for some reason when it comes to me and my daycare parents, when it rains it pours...lol

So I have a dck age 4.

Every day during free play this child could not make a good decision if it landed on his head.

Now during structured lesson, activities or anything that I lead, this child is very well behaved and makes great choices/decisions.

Well every day the kid has a great day until we get to free play. Most of them time whatever he did warrants a talk with the parents.

DCM tells me yesterday that as soon as they get home if she does not having something for him to do, its the same thing. She said she has to have one thing after the next lined up or she will pay the price. OF COURSE now she is asking me to not have free play, because her child can't function during that time.

UUUMMM NOoooooo, not going to happen.

One of the many reasons I use free play as a time to sit and observe the kids. I want to see if the lessons I taught them have stuck. Especially the lessons of making good decisions.

I know some of you have dealt with this before. Any ideas on how to handle both parent and child on this??