View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Thank you for asking BC. We escaped relatively unscathed so we were the lucky ones. It's ironic because I remember last Christmas dh was sicker than a dog, our home was filled with our kids, and nobody else got what he had. As soon as he started feeling chills this time, I was on every single thing literally following him around with Lysol and Clorox, never cleaning so hard in my life. And yet it got me too. I cannot figure out germs and their transmission.
But yeh, we were extremely lucky.

As for my sister and her dh, they're still both hanging in there. He looks like a skeleton but he's still inside there somewhere. The other day she was talking on facetime with her dd, asking her where she was and dh pipes up, out of nowhere, the name of their town. This man hardly speaks anymore, or opens his eyes, is bedridden, eats very little and chokes on water, yet out of the blue something clicks again and he shows he's still with them.
Very sad journey to witness. My sister's saving grace is that she gets services from Home Health and Hospice so has someone in to help turn him every day, change the pump and catheter when needed, bathe him, counsel her. And looking back after having beat herself up for the many difficult decisions she's had to make such as do surgery or not, place him in a nursing home or not, etc., she's finally at peace with all the ones she made because for the most part he's comfortable, and he's still with her.

Sorry for going on but thanks again for asking.
No apologies necessary.... I wanted to hear it all!
I am happy everyone is feeling better! I am so sorry your sister is having to deal with so much...I imagine she is so worried about her husband that she forgets to take time for herself. I am also glad she is getting some assistance from the home health agency.

I totally understand what you mean about cleaning overkill and still getting sick. I honestly think that as we are killing and curbing the COVID germs, we are inadvertently killing the good germs we need to build our immunity. I struggle with that all the time. I try to keep things wiped down and sanitized as much as possible but I still don't feel 100% comfortable that I am doing the right thing and doing it the right way.

I never thought I could wash my hands more than I already was. lol!

This is hard. For everyone.

I am just happy we have all found a way to stay connected and supportive of each other here!