View Single Post
Angelsj 05:00 AM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
If the child comes back with the same doll, follow these steps:

1. Act completely normal to the parents, don't be weird or let on. Just say, oh I'm so glad you brought that doll back, its so cute! Where did you get this? Maybe I should get one for the daycare. Find out the name of the doll, etc.

2. When the parent leaves, look up the doll on the internet to see if what you feel is normal. Also, look up nanny cam dolls. Yes, they make them!

3. If it is not normal or they don't tell you where they got it, etc. and you are still suspicious, STICK IT IN THE FREEZER!!! First, cover the eyes with something like a thick blanket, but make it look like a kid is doing it.(it may have a camera in the eyes, this is common)Wrap it in a paper towel so you don't get anything from the freezer on it. Leave it there til nap time.

4. At naptime, take the doll out of the freezer and see if you can take the thing apart.

I totally get that parents are concerned, as they should be, there are a lot of crazy people watching their kids, but if they want cameras, they should have found a provider who has cameras running and gives parents access to them. Good luck finding that!
I realize this is an old thread, but seriously? This made me chuckle.
You could do all that...or, You could give the doll back to the parents and tell them you don't allow toys from home.
As a parent, I would be a bit suspicious, and more than a little irritated at that scenario.